Churches In The Union
Christ Church, Tramore
The Church is a fine six-bay neo-Gothic building built in 1851, the designed by Abraham Denny (1820-92). Of particular interest is the memorial commemorating the tragic loss of the crew of the Seahorse, a Royal Navy ship carrying 16 officers, 287 soldiers, 38 women and 38 children which foundered in a storm in the bay in 1816. Service every Sunday at 11.30am
St. Andrew’s, Dunmore East
The Church was consecrated in 1821. It is not known who designed the chancel and nave, but the fine tower and large south transept are the work of Joseph Welland. The stained glass windows are of high quality, the majority of them being from the workshop An Túr Gloinel. Service every Sunday
St. John the Baptist, Annestown
This Church was built in 1822, is of modest scale but very well maintained. Of particular interest are the delicate stained glass panels. Service on 1st , 2nd , 3rd and 4th Sundays at 10am.